Benefits of Membership
1. Join the Association of one of the Albuquerque area’s largest employers! GAHLA members currently represent over 100 hotels and vendors with over 10,000 Albuquerque area hotel rooms! The Albuquerque Hospitality Industry supports 28,400 jobs.
2. GAHLA is not just for hoteliers. We serve the many small businesses that supply, promote, and sell to the hotel industry. Our members come from a range of professions, including those in tourism, transportation, attractions, public utilities, food and beverage suppliers, marketing/pr agencies, and of course, tour operators.
3. We have special membership rates for B&B’s and small hotels!
4. Be heard in City and State politics! In 2016, Albuquerque lodgings generated over $200 million in room revenue alone! The hotel industry directly contributed $10 million in Gross Receipts/Sales Tax, and over $10 million in Lodger’s Tax, giving GAIA an influential voice in City and State government.
5. Its member hotels host GAHLA Luncheon meetings on the 3rd Thursday of each month and featuring speakers from relevant civic, and business sectors. Our luncheons are an outstanding opportunity to network with other hoteliers, or industry vendors, and educate yourself on industry trends, while enjoying the best Lunch in town!
6. GAHLA awards scholarships to CNM and New Mexico State University students studying for the Hospitality Industry. Your membership supports these scholarships.
7. Did we mention the Annual GAHLA Golf Tournament? Our annual Golf classic Is hosted by the Santa Ana Golf Club. You can’t match this event for sheer FUN! With plenty of valuable prizes and numerous giveaways, the event proceeds benefit GAIA’s Scholarship Programs.
8. GAHLA features fun events each year. Our Hospitality Games pit hotel staff in bed making, bellman races and waiter races. All in friendly competition.
9. GAHLA and many of its members have reciprocal association relations or are involved with the following: ACVB, ACI, AED, AHCC, GACC, IPCC, NMLA, NMRA, TANM
Don’t be left out! If you are a hotelier, or serve the hotel industry -join us today!
CLICK HERE to download and print our application form. Instructions for completing and submitting are on the form.
CALL THE GAHLA OFFICES AT 505-550-6118 (Fax: 247-2992)
Charlie Gray, Executive Director
P O Box 14757
Albuquerque, NM 87191